Thursday, May 17, 2007

Too Luxe: Marc By Marc Jacobs Dress

If you read my blog regularly, you know I have a bit of a "relationship" with Marc Jacobs. Like Audrey Hepburn had Givenchy and Renee Zellweger has Carolina Herrera, Marc Jacobs is my designer of choice for clothing and accessories. Unfortunately, Marc doesn't know that he's in this relationship with me so perhaps I'm label stalking him? Either way, when I shop his Marc by Marc Jacobs line, I usually love the looks and have trouble deciding among the many things I want, what I can buy and stay within my budget.

I was perusing his new offerings at Net-A-Porter and my eyes were assaulted by the patchwork dress above. Similar to the Tribute Patchwork Bag he designed for Louis Vuitton, this dress looks like someone took a bunch of leftover fabric swatches and decided to sew them together into a dress while coming down off of a really bad high. Hmm.... And if the dress being a visual disaster isn't bad enough, it costs a whopping $1,200! (The usual price point for dresses in his lower-priced line is $400 to $500.) That's a lot of money for a lot of ugly.

You can check out the dress here for comic relief. The back is even worse than the front.