Sunday, August 19, 2007

Fashion Chick NYC's Fall Coat Picks

This weekend has been a chilly one in New York city and it made me think of the upcoming cool days of Fall. I love Fall coats! They aren't as bulky as winter coats and a nice one can really add flair to an outfit. Here are some of my favorites.

Super Splurge!
A coat is a great item to splurge on since you will probably wear it several times during the week and if you care for it, several seasons. I like Burberry's metallic trench because it's a classic style with a bit of a twist.


A Little Pricey...
I love this Marc By Marc Jacobs Thick Wale Corduroy jacket! The color is a warm, rich purple that just seems so Fall-like to me. I also love the generous cut at the waist and hip which will allow you to wear heavier sweaters as it gets cooler.



The price is right!
I've owned at least three Gap moleskin Fall coats over the past ten years. I've owned a trench, peacoat and a car coat version of the moleskin. All of them were really good quality and had a great fit and cut.


Happy shopping!