Sunday, September 9, 2007

Spring 2008 NY Fashion Week: I Enjoy Being a Girl!

As I looked through the runway pictures for Thakoon, Tracy Reese and Catherine Malandrino, I was reminded of one of my favorite show tunes: I Enjoy Being a Girl! The looks were feminine and girly, and celebrated a woman's curves. No more trapeze, tents and empire-waist dresses. It was all about cinched waists and shorter hemlines. (Bye maxi-dresses!) In particular, I adored almost everything from Catherine Malandrino's show. She used several feminine touches including lots of pink, colorful prints and ruffles.

I also noticed that quite a few of the shows have been featuring an asymetrical, single shoulder dress but I liked Catherine Malandrino's take on this style the best. If you want to get an early start on this trend, try this version from Banana Republic.

Here are some of my favorite looks.

Thakoon

Tracy Reese


Catherine Malandrino