Saturday, April 21, 2007

There's Nothing Like the First Time


My name is Sabrina and I am an addict. I am addicted to FASHION!

It's a rather benign addiction when you compare it to heroin or cigarettes, per se, but an addiction nonetheless. Here are the key signs of a fashion problem:
  • You NEVER have enough closet space.... even after you've done your annual closet weeding and have thrown out enough clothes and shoes to outfit at least two other people your size for a few seasons.

  • Lucky, Vogue, Elle, Harper's Bazaar and Life & Style Weekly are your required reading.

  • Your heart skips a beat when you see the SALE rack at Saks.

  • True story: I saw Michael Kors on the street one day and had to stop myself from acting like a crazed fan.

  • You find yourself assessing and sometimes mentally restyling your friends' and family's outfits.

In addition to my excessive shopping to feed my fashion habit, I also am very OCD in my clothing and accessory choices. I tend to shop certain brands over and over and rarely explore other options. Occasionally, I force myself to break out of my shell of Marc Jacobs, Banana Republic, Gap, Michael Kors, Coach and Rachel Pally but those are my favorites and they are dependable.

Why am I telling you all this? I've decided that this will be my place to discuss fashion and shopping. It will be where I post items that I have purchased that are my love of the moment (since a woman with a fashion problem must be frugal and shop wisely) and where I'll discuss my thoughts on new trends. Come talk fashion with me!

My current favorite sweater is the pink, bibbed Marc Jacobs one pictured above. It shows my clavicle area which is actually pretty toned and skims my stomach area which is not very toned at all. It was in the sale at Eluxury. Check out the sale here. Happy shopping!