Sunday, May 6, 2007

Organic Style Gone Bad

Preserving the environment and making a smaller footprint on global resources are topics that are on everyone's mind of late. In fact, some people believe that the environmental media blitz is becoming excessive. I am all for organic fashions and designers creating clothing and accessories that are socially responsible. But... I can not co-sign on Stella McCartney's Raffia Sandal. This shoe makes me itch just looking at it. Who would want their feet encased in a scratchy fiber like raffia? Amazingly, the foot bed is not even covered in fabric. It's just more raffia!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And why are these shoes $575? I don't see how an overpriced, foot torture device is going to help the environment. I am going to support the environment by not adding these shoes to my collection.